Missing teeth are effectively replaced with dental implants that recreate the look, feel, and function of your natural teeth.
With dental implants, a titanium post is implanted in the jawbone to serve as a sturdy foundation, much like the root of a tooth. Titanium dental implants are used because titanium has been found effective and safe, a biologically compatible material. This post fuses to the jawbone over the next several months creating a secure base for the abutment and crown. The abutment fits into the post and offers a stable base for the crown which is matched in shade and shape to the surrounding teeth and appears to be growing from the gum line just like your natural teeth.
Who Should Consider Dental Implants for Missing Teeth?
Due to the fact that any instance of missing teeth will begin the process of bone loss, dental implants provide a stimulus for the bone, thereby preserving bone long term. If you have already experienced bone loss due to previous medical conditions, injuries, or lengthy denture wear, you may require a bone graft before undergoing the procedure for dental implants.
To discover whether you are a candidate to replace your missing teeth with dental implants in Miami Beach, FL, contact our office for a consultation.
- Anyone who has a single tooth or multiple missing teeth should consider dental implants.
- Denture wearers who have difficulty with functions such as eating or speaking.
- Patients who are concerned about future bone loss at the site of the missing teeth.
- Anyone who desires a more permanent solution to replacement of missing teeth.
- Patients who are concerned about possible shifting of teeth around the site of missing teeth.
- Anyone who feels less confident about their appearance due to missing teeth.
Dr. Mark I. Gutt, with offices located in Miami Beach, Key West and Aventura, (FL) Florida, is an Implant Dentist who serves patients from Miami, Miami Beach, Aventura, North Miami Beach, North Miami, South Beach, North Bay Village, Doral, Coral Gables, Fort Lauderdale, Dania, Hallandale, Hollywood, Key West and Bal Harbour, FL. We are looking forward to welcoming you to our office and encourage you to schedule your appointment today!